REGISTER FOR THE TOEFL TEST HERE
TOEFL® Young Students Series
Now more than ever, countries are introducing English as a second language at earlier stages of learning. The TOEFL® Young Students Series helps you measure your students’ English-language skills and guide students to the next steps of learning. The tests are designed for age appropriate learning levels of young students. On top of reading books to nurture good English language skills, young parents and older parents can be assured that the TOEFL can be used to benchmark their children’s level of English proficiency.
The TOEFL Junior® tests, intended for students ages 11+, provide real insight into your students’ English communication skills to help you make the best decisions and guide them on a path to success.
TOEFL Junior Standard Test Design
Conveniently offered in paper-delivered format, the TOEFL Junior Standard test is easy and convenient to administer. It is a good choice for institutions and programs looking for flexibility and quick scoring turnaround. It assesses the following skills:
Why use the TOEFL Junior?
- A general academic proficiency standard
- Information supporting placement decisions
- Information about student progress in developing English language proficiency over time
Score Report Features
- The student’s total score and descriptive statements that help students, parents and teachers to understand the student’s English proficiency levels and their ability to execute language use.
- Scores are mapped to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) levels.
- The Lexile measure score is to help the student to find books that match his/her English proficiency standard, to facilitate learning efficiency.
A Global Standard
Mapped to CEFR So That Scores Can Be Useful for International Benchmarking
The Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) is an internationally recognized standard for describing an individual’s language proficiency widely accepted across Europe. The TOEFL® Junior™ score report clearly shows what ranges of TOEFL® Junior™ test scores correspond to each CEFR level, rendering the test scores the most serviceable for university or immigration in Europe.
How to prepare for the TOEFL Junior®?
TOEFL Junior® English Learning Center
Interactive online learning activities designed to help students ages 11+ reach their full potential in English-language proficiency
A New Learning Resource for Teachers and Students
Designed to enhance the English-language skills of students’ ages 11+, theTOEFL Junior® English Learning Center offers interactive and engaging activities through a subscription-based online program. The activities:
- focus on building reading, writing, listening and speaking skills as they are used in the real world
- incorporate needed subskills, such as skimming, scanning and making inferences
- accelerate language acquisition with visual and audio prompts and cues
- support communicative language teaching and learning with activities relevant to real-world English-language usage
The TOEFL Junior Standard English Learning Center offers an “Exploring Language” feature to raise students’ linguistic awareness. Students engage in shorter text-completion activities, such as notes, emails, announcements, brief biographies and book extracts.
REGISTER FOR THE TOEFL TEST HERE