Gives You Real Insight Into Student Performance
The TOEFL ITP® Assessment Series offers colleges and universities, English language learning programs and other organizations the opportunity to administer a convenient, affordable and reliable assessment of English-language skills.
The TOEFL ITP tests can be used for placement, progress, evaluation, exit testing and other situations. By using the TOEFL ITP tests in your classroom, you can keep your students on track and have confidence in their real-world abilities.
Empowers Your Teaching
When you use the TOEFL ITP tests, you’ll assess your students’ proficiency level in three different skills — reading comprehension, listening comprehension, and structure and written expression. You’ll be able to pinpoint the areas in which they need help, so you can tailor your teaching to meet those needs. Knowing your students’ English skill levels better today gives them the best chance for success tomorrow.
How to Use the TOEFL ITP® Assessment Series
Seven Ways You Can Use the TOEFL ITP Assessment Series in Your Classroom
The TOEFL ITP® tests measure core English skills using 100 percent academic content similar to what is used in actual classroom tasks. This makes the tests an essential tool for:
- Placement in intensive English-language programs requiring academic English proficiency at a college or graduate level.
- Progress monitoring in English-language programs stressing academic English proficiency.
- Exiting English-language programs by demonstrating proficiency in English listening and reading.
- Admissions to short-term, non-degree programs in English-speaking countries where the sending and receiving institutions agree to use TOEFL ITP scores.
- Admissions to undergraduate and graduate degree programs in non-English speaking countries where English is not the dominant form of instruction.
- Admissions and placement in collaborative international degree programs where English-language training will be a feature of the program.
- Scholarship programs, as contributing documentation for academic English proficiency.
Over 2,500 institutions in 50+ countries use the TOEFL ITP Assessment Series.