High English proficiency level is not just a pretty score on the CV nor a fancy topping for any staff. It is actually essential for global expansion and business success.
Here are some stats you may find interesting to know. Of the 749 senior HR leaders surveyed:
• 94% of companies with adequte English proficiency agree it’s made them more competitive globally.
• 46% of the respondents sees better customer service;
• 41% replies that good English Language Proficiency level attracts or secure new clients;
• 27% attribute poor English communication as a reason for the mistakes made on project;
• A whooping 32% lost clients due to low English Language Proficiency level.
So you see, there are definitely tangible benefits to be had as a company hires and improve the English Proficiency level of the staff.
To receive a full report of the survey (responded by 749 senior HR leaders of MNCs from 13 countries, including Brazil, Russia, India, China) please fill up the form below for a copy right into your mail box.
The gap between the need for English proficient employees and companies encouraging staff to improve their skills;
The perceived benefits of English for business;
The perceived costs of Low English-Langauge Proficiency;
The percentage of companies surveyed that actually provide formal English-language training and testing at the completion of program.